Mystery Blogger Award
I was incredibly lucky enough to be nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by the fabulous Anna over at Everyday Anna (go check her out!). I’ve seen this floating around the blogs that I frequent and was just bursting with joy to receive such an honor!
Here are the rules for the award!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Also, a big thank you to the creator of the award – be sure to check out her blog and read more about why she created this award!
3 Fun Facts About Me:
- I’m obsessed with dogs. If I see a cute video or photo, it’s not out of the ordinary for me to start crying because I just can’t handle how cute they are. While I love ALL dogs, a special shoutout to Corgis, Basset Hounds, and Dachshunds (aka the lowriders).
- I love daydreaming about potential future vacations. I’ll pick a city, figure out what sites I’ll want to see, look at apartments to rent on Airbnb, and even see what the flights are like. I tell myself that I just like being prepared 😉
- Both sides of my family are really big into genealogy and turns out I’m related to a pretty famous pirate! And a lot of farmers.
- How did you come up with your blog name?
I’ve always been in love with the word lovely. It’s defined as something that is “exquisitely beautiful” and honestly I don’t think it gets used enough in the everyday world. Worked with it a bit and ended up with Simply Lovely. That was taken (of course) so I added 90 to the end because I was born in 1990. And Simply Lovely90 was born!
- What is the most recent thing that has inspired you?
Honestly, reading other blogs inspires me. It’s wonderful seeing women empowering and lifting up other women. Blogging is a lot of work and this little community that’s been built to help each other succeed is wonderful.
- What song makes you jump out of your chair and dance?
Formation by Beyonce. I’ve been a casual fan since her Destiny’s Child days but once she released Beyoncé I was like YAS! and then she released Lemonade and I was like YAAAS!!! It’s one of my favorite albums and I love listening to it over and over while getting ready to take on the day.
- Where is your favorite place to blog and why?
My desk! I recently got it from Target during a back to school sale and I’m obsessed with it. I use it to blog, do my flatlays, organize my future posts, put my makeup on, watch Netflix, and so much more. Besides my bed, it’s one of my favorite places in my house!
- If you could be the star of one movie which would it be?
Wonder Woman. Not only does Diana exhibit amazing morals that she sticks to throughout the film, she also kicks total ass – a perfect role model for young women! Plus I’d get to wear a bunch of beautiful period pieces, learn to fight, and act alongside Chris Pine 😉 Yes please!
My top blog posts:
- The perfect fall OOTD
- Fitness spotlight – HIIT class
- Finding my new foundation
- Refining my skin care routine
- Urban Decay – Urban Essentials eyeshadow review
These are all some of my favorite blogs to read and all of these bloggers are so deserving of this award. They put so much into their blog and I’m excited to be able to nominate them!
- Cupcake Rising
- Bluegrass & Pearls
- The Bookish Wanderer
- Love, Lauren EllenLa Vie De Faye
- Emily Clare BeautyRosie Culture
- The Rose Beauty Files
- Jessica Riga
- Everything Me xx
For my nominees:
- If you won $1,000,000, what would be the first frivolous thing you’d spend it on?
- What book have you read over and over and over?
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your favorite part about blogging?
- What is your least favorite part about blogging?