Like all bloggers, I spend way too much time trying to make my blog absolutely perfect. And while I do love blogging, you can only work so hard before doubt starts to set in. Is it worth it? Will this be successful? Should I keep going? But nothing keeps me going more than the support of my fellow bloggers. So imagine my surprise when I saw that I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the amazing Lindsey. Her blog is called Sarcastic Bohemian and it’s the perfect representation of who she is – quirky, brave, and never boring.
So, what is the Liebster Award?
Originating in Germany in 2011, the Liebster Award 2017 is an online award that is given to bloggers by other bloggers. Liebster translates to sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The Liebster Award recognizes new and upcoming bloggers that have the potential to grow and become successful influencers within the blogosphere.
10 Facts About Me
- The Great British Bake Off is my favorite show. I watch it constantly on repeat because it’s so relaxing.
- I’m obsessed with planners. Right now I’m transitioning out of the one I was currently using and into two new ones that I have!
- My favorite book is The Princess Bride. If you don’t like reading I suggest trying to read this one. It has everything – action, humor, romance, a death machine. What more could you want?
- I’m always behind on popular tv shows. For example, I haven’t seen Stranger Things season 2 yet (no spoilers!). Don’t worry, I’ll get to it eventually. I’m just busy.
- I love trivia nights. And while I’m not able to get to them as often as I’d like, I do try and get to a couple every month. In fact, I’m going to go to one here in a couple of days!
- If I could have Christmas tree lights up all year, I totally would. As of now, they’re up September – April but I’m totally pushing for 100% of the year.
- Dark chocolate is my favorite kind of chocolate. Especially dark chocolate with almonds.
- Buying gifts for people is really stressful for me. I love giving them, don’t get me wrong. But I really want to try and get them something they’ll enjoy. Something they’ll use on a regular basis.
- I’m not a huge fan of kids. To the point where I probably won’t have any myself. I’m just too selfish and I like doing what I want when I want. I could never handle having to take care of another human every single day. I do love my nephews, nieces, and friend’s kids but I get to give them back. 😉
- I’m a pretty big football fan. I’m in a pick em league at work where every week we have to look at the games for that weekend and pick who we think will win. It costs $2/week to join but if you get the most right, you get the money! It also helps that I’m super competitive.
What is one place you haven’t been that is on the top of your bucket list?
Edinburgh. Eventually, my SO and I are going to go on a two-week European excursion. The plan is to hit up Munich, Copenhagen, and finally Edinburgh.
What is the most daring experience you’ve ever had? (For example: sky diving)
So I’m pretty lame when it comes to daring experiences, but one of the scariest things I’ve done is go out onto the Skydeck of the Willis Tower (Sears Tower) in Chicago. Basically, it’s these glass boxes that jut out from the 103rd floor of the building. While it might not seem that daring, it’s a one small step for man one giant leap for mankind type of deal when you go out onto it. I was so scared I held onto the side of the building the entire time (as if that would have saved me).
What is your biggest accomplishment?
Graduating college. It took 4 years of my life and a whole lot of money, but I did it!
What’s your biggest fear?
Losing somebody I love. Thankfully it hasn’t happened yet but I’m still trying to mentally prepare myself for when it does.
What’s a hidden talent you have?
I can solve a Rubik’s cube! My friend is super good at it and I decided that I wanted to learn how so I got myself one, went online, looked up how to solve it, and here we are!
What’s an activity, craft or sport that you want to learn how to do?
Sew. I think it would be so cool to be able to make my own clothes. Unfortunately, I currently don’t have the time, money, patience, or materials needed to make this happen.
My award nominees:
Tasks for nominees:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog in your post.
- Upload the award to your blog. It can be done as a blog or on the sidebar.
- Answer the questions above.
- Nominate 5 blogs who you believe deserve to receive the award.
- Notify the nominated bloggers so that they can accept the award.