I can honestly say that I was so surprised when I saw that I was nominated for the Brotherhood of the World blogger award! These type of posts are some of my favorites because not only do I get a chance to nominate bloggers that I really enjoy for the award, but it’s a fun look into the person behind the blog. As always I need to thank Rachel Alexandra over at Roots. Her blog is full of healthy tips and recipes – the perfect place to find your next lunch or dinner idea! Please make sure you check her out, I guarantee you’ll find something you enjoy!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to his/her blog.
- List the rules of the award and post a picture of the award.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers and be sure to let them know.
- Write a list of questions of your nominees to answer.
- What is your biggest regret? Not coming out of my shell more in college. When I was younger, I was pretty introverted and didn’t have the highest self-esteem. Looking back, I definitely turned down some experiences that I would have probably really enjoyed. But as I’ve gotten older, I’ve definitely come out of my shell more and have tried saying yes to more things (even if I’ve wanted to say no).
- What is something that your younger self would be most proud of about you? That I even have a blog! I actually had a blog when I was younger but I was too self-conscious to actually put anything of value on it. It was mostly day-to-day ramblings and didn’t have a real focus. Surprisingly, it didn’t get many views and didn’t last very long. Since then I’ve always wanted to start back up and I feel like it’s going much better this time around!
- What is your favorite fruit and why? I am obsessed with apples. While I’m trying to branch out a bit more with my fruit choice, for a long time you could find me chomping on one during lunch. I can honestly say that there is no better snack than an apple and some peanut butter (or powdered peanut butter!).
- If you could play any instrument, what would it be? (Or what instruments can you play?) If I could play anything, it would be the piano. A ton of my friends played when I was younger and I always thought it was such a beautiful instrument. Thanks to their help, I can kind of sight read a bit. But when it comes to actually playing with both hands, I get totally lost. One of these days I’ll pick it up!
- What setting from a book or movie would you like to live in or experience? So this is going to be a TV show, but I always thought it’d be fun to work at Dunder Mifflin. Whenever I watch the earlier seasons of The Office, I always think it’d be amusing to just kind of see what shenanigans Micheal would be up to that day.
- Why did you start blogging? I studied journalism in college and I really missed creating content. While I work with the web for my current 8-5, I’m not doing a ton of writing. Especially writing about subjects I enjoy! This is a nice little break from my day-to-day life, plus I’m never bored now!
- What is something you are looking forward to? My wedding! I got engaged the week before Thanksgiving and am planning a wedding for Fall of 2019. I’m about to hit up my first wedding expo this weekend and words cannot even begin to describe how excited I am to go into full on planning mode. As if I’m not already there 😉
- If job availability/ money were not factors, what would be your dream occupation? Definitely a stay at home blogger. Not only is it something that I really enjoy doing, but there’s so much to do every day! My dream would be to wake up, have some coffee, and just be able to dedicate my full self to building this blog into something bigger. Unfortunately, that’s still just a dream but I’m doing my best to get there. Slowly but surely!
- If you could start any charity what would it be? Something involving animals for sure. I live in a college town and one thing that you see a lot is that kids will adopt dogs and cats at the beginning of the year. When the end of the year rolls around they find out that they can’t take their pet with them and they dump them in shelters. I would love to help build a bigger shelter that can house all of them and keep them safe, warm, and well fed.
- Name a skill you want to learn and why. Become a better chef. Right now I can follow a recipe just fine but nothing really beyond that. I would love to be able to look in my fridge, see what I have, and whip something up. I am constantly in awe of the chefs that compete on Chopped who can just take those ingredients and create a composed and delicious dish.
- The Emma Edit
- A Little Driftless
- Simple Serenity
- Kerry, Life and Loves
- Adventures with Amanda
- Culture and Couture
- Party Hardy
Questions for Nominees:
- What book is next on your to-read list?
- If you could travel anywhere where would you go and why?
- Why did you choose to focus on the blogging topic you decided on?
- What is your favorite type of post to write?
- What is your biggest blogging goal for this coming year?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?