If you’re anything like I am, all you want to do in the winter is lay under a blanket and hibernate the season away. I mean, who has time to put together a fashionable outfit in the morning when you’re trying to spend as much time tucked away in bed? Thankfully I’m here to put the ease back into your day. With my handy list of 5 reasonably priced sweaters, you’ll be able to look stylish without sacrificing warmth or comfort.
When it comes to the sweater world, the resurgence of 90s fashion has been the biggest blessing. Goodbye to tiny sweaters made of cold, thin, fabric. Hello to oversized chunky sweaters and fun embellishments. Now, getting ready in the morning has never been simpler. Throw any of these over a pair of jeans, add a pair of boots, and you’re set.
[this post may contain affiliate links, see disclosure for details]
- H&M – Oversized Hooded Sweatshirt: So while this might seem like a boring black hoodie, it looked so cozy that I had to include it. Plus it has this amazing beaded embroidery on the sleeves that sets it apart from all other plain sweatshirts. It’s the little things. And those little things made this sweatshirt stand apart.
- Nordstrom Rack – Grommet & Tie-Cuff Crew Neck Sweater: Similar to the H&M sweatshirt, if you’re going to have a plain black top you need some sort of something to spice it up. So that’s exactly what the designers did. Incorporating a sassy grommet and tie closure, this sweater will have everyone doing a double take.
- Nordstrom Rack – Susina Fairisle Sweater: Created with a Scandinavian knit design, this sweater will keep you warm on the coldest of days. Perfect for running errands, going to work, or hanging out at home, this will soon become your new go-to favorite. It would also look amazing at a holiday get together you might be attending.
- Forever 21 -Waffle Knit Balloon Sleeve Sweater: When you think chunky sweater, this has to be what comes to mind. With long balloon sleeves, this knit design screams cozy. Offered in three different colors (wine, navy, and taupe), you’re going to want one of each hanging in your closet.
- Forever 21 – Plus Size Power Rangers Graphic Sweatshirt: As a child of the 90s, and somebody who watched Power Rangers on the regular, it would be impossible for me to pass up a Power Rangers design. Not only is this a cute throwback but it’s the best thing to toss on for a day around the house. Go go Power Rangers!
Which of these sweaters is your favorite?
And make sure you check out the makeup gift guide I posted on Monday – 25 products all $25 or less!