5 holiday dresses that will turn heads
I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a sucker for cute holiday dresses. In fact, I probably own way too many. But it’s just so much fun getting all dolled up for a holiday party or a night out with friends. It also doesn’t help that this is prime dress buying season. Stores have all their best products out and the best sales, enticing you to purchase them for New Years.
Because I love online window shopping (see my sweater post), I thought I would help make things easy for you all. I’ve found 5 holiday dresses that would be an amazing addition to your closet. From mini to maxi, velvet to sequins, you’ll find a variety of dresses below. Whether you fall in love with one or take inspiration from one of the designs, they are guaranteed to be perfect for your party plans.
[this post may contain affiliate links, see disclosure for details]
- Forever 21 Plus Size Velvet Off-the-Shoulder Floral-Sleeve Dress: First off, I would just like to say that the model is working it in this dress. Get. It. This dress is perfect for showing off those curves. It’s knee length but you get a perfect pop of skin from the off the shoulder detail. And that sleeve! The floral embroidery elevates this little black dress to the next level.
- Forever 21 Maxi Floral Knotted Metallic Dress: You can’t tell from the image but this dress is full length. Give the image a quick click to really get the full impact. If you’re looking to make a statement, this is the dress. This dress gives complete coverage except for the stunning plunging back – sophisticated yet still sexy. And the all over metallic yarn design helps give it a holiday flair. A+++
- Nordstrom Rack Crushed Velvet Wrap Dress: This dress is incredible for multiple reasons. The neckline on this is beautiful – it’s hard to see in this photo but it is a low low cut v that is held together with little clasps. So you see little glimpses of skin. Along with the beautiful neckline, this dress also comes in a cut that is super flattering for everyone. A wrap style helps you feel confident and thanks to the tie, your waist is flawlessly accentuated. The best part? This dress also comes in an elegant champagne color!
- Nordstrom Rack Mock Neck Sequined Shift Dress: Even though this dress is covered in sequins, it’s not just your basic black holiday dress. Thanks to two floral appliques, it gets a much needed pop of color that also helps break up all the shiny sequined-ness. And because it has a mock neckline and cute cap sleeves, there’s finally a dress where you can feel free to flaunt your legs. You are going to shine all night!
- H&M Sequined Velour Dress: First off, I just need to start with asking why all the H&M models look so sad. Don’t get me wrong, H&M is one of my favorite stores but at least look a little happy. You’re wearing a beautiful dress! This particular one is also a leg dress, but the long sleeves keep it from looking too scandalous. The sequins fall in a dripping pattern, similar to icicles. A perfect design for the colder weather!
Are you picking up any new holiday dresses this year?