One of the best things to do during these colder months is curl up with a good movie, a cozy blanket, and a delicious snack! But the last thing you want is something that’s going to make you feel horrible the next day. Here’s where my list of 5 healthy snacks comes in! These will satisfy your cravings and help make your movie night a success.
[this post may contain affiliate links, see disclosure for details]
- Homemade popcorn: You can’t have a movie night without popcorn! But those store-bought microwave bags are usually super high in sodium and fat. Luckily there’s an easy solution for this and that’s popping it yourself! All you need is a little coconut oil and a stovetop. Once the popcorn is popped, feel free to top it with different spices or a dash of parmesan cheese!
- Apples and powdered peanut butter: Apples are my favorite fruit and I’ve raved before about how much I love powdered peanut butter. It’s a no-brainer that I’d suggest mixing the two together! The best part? The brand PB2 makes a chocolate version! That’s right, for the same calories you get little chocolate flakes mixed in!
- Frozen berries: Blueberries are a very close second when it comes to my favorite fruit. Not only do they taste amazing but they offer a ton of health benefits. While you’ll never go wrong eating them fresh from the fridge, I highly recommend popping them in the freezer beforehand. They’ll be so cool and refreshing that your taste buds will start singing!
- Dark chocolate: If you’re as obsessed with chocolate as I am, you know that this is a must for any movie night. Help calm your sweet tooth by breaking off a square or two of dark chocolate. You’ll be able to get the chocolate taste you love without all the added sugar and cream that comes with milk chocolate. Remember, when it comes to dark chocolate – the darker the better!
- Sliced bell peppers: With their crunchy texture and tangy taste, these are the perfect thing to mindlessly snack on while getting lost in your film. While red and orange bell peppers are my personal favorite, green bell peppers are nothing to scoff at. Not only are they usually pretty cheap, but an entire medium sized bell pepper will only run you about 25 calories!
In my previous post, 5 simple weight loss mistakes everyone makes, I stress the importance of having a good diet. Help keep yourself on track and feeling good by reaching for one of these during your next movie night.
What is your favorite healthy snack?
And make sure you grab your FREE list of 33 drugstore dupes! Help your makeup collection grow at a fraction of the cost!